The new investment negative list (2010)
As of today, still no news in BKPM’s website about the new Presidential Regulation 36/2010 on investment’s negative list. But below is the new list according to some news source. Note: as I don’t have the Perpres 36 with me yet, please treat this as an unconfirmed.
- Industrial sector: In the industry of cyclamate and saccharin previously closed to investments, now opened with special permission.
- Public works: In the field of construction services foreign capital ownership increased from 55 percent to 67 percent.
Culture and tourism: in the business of filming techniques 49 percent is opened to foreign capital.
- The health sector: in specialist medical clinics and medical support services, foreign equity ownership is increased from 65 percent to 67 percent and its activities can be conducted at locations throughout Indonesia.
- Electricity sector in the business of power plant (10-10 MW) can be done in the form of partnerships, while for above 10 MW, the maximum foreign equity ownership of 95 percent.
Meanwhile, in some other business sectors foreign capital ownership is adjusted:
- The agricultural sector: in the cultivation of staple food crops (corn, soybeans, peanuts, green beans, rice, cassava, sweet potato) with an area of more than 25 hectares, the maximum foreign equity ownership of 49 percent (in compliance with Law No. 41 Year 2009 on the Protection of Agricultural Land Sustainable Food).
- Communication and Information Sector: in the business of the postal administration, special permit is required and the maximum foreign capital is 49 percent (in accordance with Law Number 38 Year 2009 on Postal Service). Meanwhile the provision, management (including operation and rental) and provider of construction services for telecommunication towers (BTS towers ) must have 100 percent domestic capital.