E&P Sharing Contracts and Agreements 2010 (Update 1)
Tuesday, March 16, 2010 Mohamad Mova Al'Afghani
I have been informed that Tariq Shafiq, who is involved in writing the new Iraqi Oil Law will be joining the event. Here's the tentative schedule for the speakers for Day Two:
Plenary One | 09.00 - 10.45
The post-recession E&P industry agreements and the
challenge of recovery
Chairman’s Opening Remarks
Mr Tariq Shafiq, Founding Executive, Iraq National Oil
Next-generation E&P engagement: Outlook for the world and
Asia in 2010
• To what extent will the downturn bring fundamental change
to the nature of E&P contracts in Asia and how will IOCs,
NOCs and service contractors respond?
• What are the bright spots and challenges for the service
Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources, Indonesia*
Transforming PSAs: Evolving contracting models and the push
to abolish the PSA
• Revisiting and transforming the original PSAs to more win-win
commercially viable arrangements
• What are the alternatives available to successfully transform a
PSC into a more economically viable contract?
Hardiono, Deputy Chairman, BPMigas*
Structuring advanced models of cooperation in the form of a
Joint Venture or Partnership
• What specifi c terms have to be adopted for safeguarding your
agreements and ensuring successful collaboration?
• How changing roles of IOCs and NOCs contribute to the
shape of the partnership agreement and what you should
Ms Karen Agustiawan, President Director, Pertamina*
Revising ineffi cient contracts: Holistically reducing
uncertainties from E&P projects
• Evaluating alternatives under different scenarios, i.e. reserve
discoveries, variations in oil prices, operating costs, and fi eld
• Cost recovery system and ‘excess profi t’ adjustment
• Hedging against exploration uncertainties of no discovery,
discovery not being commercial and costs
• Hedging against production uncertainties, derived through
operating costs and commodity prices fl uctuations
Mr Joseph Amudi Tobing, Sr Legal Counsel, Hess Limited
Click the latest brochure to get more detailed information on the list of speakers and venue.
Another good news: the reader of this blog may get 10% discount. I am still working on the arrangements with the organizers.